Finding time to tweet
You know social media channels are a cheap and easy way of promoting your business. So how can you make updating them just as quick and painless? Help is at hand: there are a number of social media dashboards and tools available to help you schedule and manage tweets, as well as other social updates. Here are just a few we’d recommend:
Tweetdeck is owned by Twitter and can be downloaded for free as a desktop app, web app or a Chrome app.
As the name suggests, it’s mainly focussed around Twitter, however you are also able to schedule Facebook status updates from Tweetdeck. You can even set up a scheduled column within Tweetdeck so you can keep an eye on what updates have been scheduled so far.
Tweetdeck plus points:
- Tweetdeck enables you to manage multiple Twitter accounts. So, if like Moneypenny you have three different Twitter accounts, you can monitor everything in one place.
- Even if you only have one Twitter account, the platform enables you to create columns for all your activity so you can keep an eye on everything like your timeline, interactions, direct messages, trends, search feeds etc.
Is a paid version available? No.
Hootsuite is similar to Tweetdeck in terms of being able to add various columns/streams so everything’s in one place. However rather than just focusing on Twitter you can also upload up to four other accounts including Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Hootsuite plus points:
- Hootsuite gives you the ability to schedule your updates across all your uploaded social accounts.
- With the free version you also have access to basic analytic reports so you can measure your social media activity.
- Hootsuite has an iPhone, Android, Blackberry and iPad app available so you can use it on the go!
Is a paid version available? Yes.
Hootsuite Pro plan (which also offers 30-day free trial) comes in at a cost of £7.99 per month and gives you access to additional features including: adding another team member to help with management, enhanced analytics (you can integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Insights) and the ability to bulk schedule your updates.
Social Oomph allows you to schedule tweets with their free version, as well as view @Mentions and Retweets. You can also track keywords within the free version by setting up alerts.
Social Oomph plus points:
- Social Oomph will email you a list of tweets that contain keywords you’ve asked it to track. This is really good for tracking what people are saying about you, tracking who is talking about your competitors and tracking people that are looking for the services/products you offer!
Is a paid version available? Yes.
In order to schedule your Facebook status updates and LinkedIn shares you will have to upgrade to Social Oomph Professional which is approximately £25 per month. This also gives you access to a number of other features including being able to submit social updates via email. They also offer a 7-day free trial so you can see if the professional version is right for you.
It’s important that you always check your accounts regularly, but scheduling tweets and other social updates will save you the time and effort of doing things on an ad hoc basis. You’ll be able to respond quickly to anyone who’s tried to interact with you, but always make sure you answer their questions – so they know there is a real person behind your account!